Mentor Mom Series - Marcia M.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014




This week we are featuring Marcia M, who has been a Mentor Mom for our group for years!  Get to know her better by reading her interview below, and if any other questions come to mind, remember them for our mentor mom panel on Thursday!

---------




How many kids (and grandkids?) do you have? 

 I have a son, daughter in law, and grand daughter, and also a daughter and grandson. 

 How did you originally get involved with MOPS?  How long have you been a mentor mom? 

 I was involved in starting a MOPS group many years ago in Alb. NM with my forever friend, Carol. This is my 8th year as a Mentor Mom at FBC. 

 What was the hardest thing and what is the best thing you remember about the pre-school stage with your own kids?  Any encouragement for those of us who are still in this stage? 

 I think the hardest thing for me was the 'having to do it all' pressure. One of my kids was very precocious, and I wish I would have relaxed more with that instead of worrying about how to do everything better.  One of the best things about life with preschoolers is the abundance of teachable moments, for mom and kids.  Preschoolers are so spontaneous, and everything overflows on those around them even if it may cause some embarrassing moments.  Matthew 18:1 - 6 are verses that share the heart of Jesus for his children. God chose you to be the mom your kids need.  On your own, it is never enough. Thank God, He is more than enough to love your kids through you! 

 What is your goal as a mentor mom, or what is the main encouragement you hope to offer to MOPS moms? 

 I love the Be You Bravely theme this year.  MOPS offers a unique way to grow friendship and to encourage each other to live life in the way that God uniquely prepared for each of us to live bravely.  Plus we'll have a lot of fun learning together! I hope to be who God calls me to be in the life situations and circumstances I will face this year. He knows and is right there. I may be surprised or shocked by things, but He is always faithful. Everyday, all the time!  I truly believe I receive much more encouragement from my MOPS friends than I can possibly give.  It is a privilege to be a MM. 

 What is your favorite ice cream flavor (just for fun)? 

I love lemon gelato (from any place in Venice).   Daiquiri Ice sorbet from BR is good, too!

No comments

Post a Comment