Simple DIY Fall Banner

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

We just had our "You Pick Two" meeting, and I thought I would share an idea that was inspired by the "You Pick Two" meeting we had last year!  I took a class from the craft girls (it was Denille and Gretchen in 2013).  They shared an easy way to do glitter crafts with your kids, and I used it to make a fall banner for our house this year.



1. To start I cut some leaf shapes out of fall-ish scrapbook paper.

2. I used the glitter technique the girls shared - I used double-sided tape, and I taped strips onto the leaves in the shape of letters.  We put the leaves into a plastic baggie with glitter, and I let my kiddos shake the bags.



The glitter sticks to the double sided tape, and it stays (mostly) in the baggie, so there is no mess!  Is that genius or what?  My kids love it!

3. After we glittered (did I just make up that word, or is it a real verb?) our leaves, I hung them up with some Baker's twine (which you can get at any craft store) and mini clothespins.




Our leaves say "Happy Fall", but I think a "Give Thanks" banner would be cute and appropriate with Thanksgiving right around the corner!

No comments

Post a Comment