Friday Introductions: Day MOPS Mentor Moms

Friday, October 23, 2015

Sheryl Dahm 

Sheryl with her group, the Prosperous Princesses. 
                               
Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family. 

Quentin and I have been married for 51 years. Our Son Chris, 48, is a Chemistry professor at Wingate University in Wingate, North Carolina. We have 3 grandkids; Zach, sophomore in College; Bekah, senior in highschool; Joel, a sophomore in high school. We all play golf as a family, except for my daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?

Tried to lavish on our own children by playing  lots of board games, card games, and limited
TV watching.


Marcia Mains

                                                             

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family. 

Jeff & I celebrated our 44th anniversary this past June. We are both Colorado natives with a 20+ detour in New Mexico where we lived when our kids were little. We have a son, Justin, married to our daughter in law, Stephanie, and a special grand daughter, Faith, who is in fifth grade. They live here in the area. Our daughter, Elizabeth, also lives in the Denver area. Her son, Jeffrey, is in his first year of college and loving it. 

I love to be outdoors, golfing, walking, or gardening. I love photography and always looking for that 'special' shot. Although I'm not much for coffee, I love volunteering in the Gathering Grounds and being a small part of that ministry.  God has blessed me with great friends that I treasure and I love spending time with any of them. I love traveling, too.

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?

Celebrating and making anything an occasion is still fun. When my kids were young, we always had fun celebrating birthdays. Special decorations in their room, the door to their bedroom, & over the table with the cake & presents, were always fun. I was very good in the dark of night getting it just right after they went to bed. We did balloon breakfasts during the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta where we would find a good spot to watch and set up 'camp' with friends cooking breakfast burritos and pancakes on camp stoves. Throw together picnics, where you throw whatever you have together and meet friends for a picnic in the mountains or at a pool were always great celebrations, too. Everything is more fun and the food tastes better, when you share with friends. 

This year I am looking forward to getting to know new friends and learning to intentionally notice goodness more. I am excited to see what A Fierce Flourishing means for this group.

I love the ministry of MOPS and I'm blessed to be a part of it. 


                                            


Adele Westfall 



Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family. 

Steve and I have been married for 39 years. Steve is an elder at FBC. We have a son Nathanael, who is married to Bri and they have 2 sons, Noah and Declan, and a baby girl due in December. Our daughter Heidi is married to Todd and they have a daughter Hava. They all live near by and we love spending time together. I love going on hikes and spending time outside. Steve and I lead a small group together at FBC. We also love to ride our motorcycles. We enjoy taking short trips exploring Colorado and we have also taken a 3 week trip to Alaska. 

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?

We went camping a lot as a family. We enjoyed being outside and being reminded of what God has made. I home schooled Nathanael and Heidi so when we needed a break we would go on field trips. To celebrate their hard work we would go out for a pancake breakfast at the end of the school year. 






No comments

Post a Comment