Friday Introductions:Day MOPS Mentor moms

Friday, October 9, 2015

We are excited to start featuring our Mentor Moms on our Friday Introduction series. We love our mentor moms and our so honored to have them in our groups. This week we are introducing Jill Matthies, Robin Otterstetter, and Jaye Kaufman from day MOPS.

Jill Matthies 



Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family:

Todd and I have been married for 34 years this year.  We have two sons, Josiah 30 married to Hilary, and Brody 27 married to Kelsey.  Josiah and Hilary are having a girl in December - first grandchild.  I love to read historical novels, gardening - my favorites are roses and edible flowers to make dishes/teas pretty.  I love elderly people and have many as friends.  I am POA for my 104 year old aunt who will be 105 this December (She'll be 105 years older than my granddaughter :O)  I go to see her in Peoria, Illinois and do things for her twice a year.  Love, love, love her!  

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?  

I would go once a year for a three day weekend with some friends who were moms.  We would take a short road trip to Glennwood Springs just us girls. Close enough to home in case a dad would have an emergency, but far enough away they couldn't "drop by with any kids". We would stay at the Hotel Colorado.  One year we were in the middle of a murder situation at the hotel.  One of the moms actually saw them taking out the body and crime scene tape was up.  After the one who saw it called her husband in a panic, saying she needed to get out of there; she was coming home!  We found out it was a "Host a Murder" party the hotel used to do.  You never know what will happen with a bunch of moms on a weekend away to "relax"!



Robin Otterstetter 



Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family: 

My name is Robin Otterstetter and this is my fourth year as Mentor Mom.  My husband Maury and I have been married 25 years.  We have 2 kids. Noah is 17 and a senior at D'Evelyn High School and Alyssa is 15 and a sophomore at the same school.  I enjoy running, biking, hiking, scrapbooking, photography and traveling.

This year I am looking forward to getting to know the ladies in my group and learning how to flourish, whether in rest or in play.

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?

We used to celebrate Christmas lavishly by having a Jesus birthday cake for breakfast.  For birthdays we used to take a special meal into school for lunch. Now for birthdays we have a specially requested breakfast and then go out to their requested restaurant for dinner.  We embrace rest by getting away for travel and having family game nights.  I notice goodness in my kids by trying to call it out and I did and am still keeping a journal of their memorable moments so they can recall all these special times later in life, possibly with their families.

(Since I am often behind the camera, we don't have many complete family photos so this one is from our Poland mission trip during our Egyptian theme night - celebrating lavishly with the American and Polish teens and adults.)


Jaye Kaufman 




Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family: 

Wayne & I have been married for 36 years. We have 3 kids: Caleb(33), married to Laurel; Jared(31), married to Sara; & Natalie(30), married to Tim. We have 8 grandchildren - ages 3 months to 6 years! We like to travel, scuba dive, hike and most of all spend time with our grandchildren!

When your children where younger what were some ways that you celebrated lavishly, embraced rest or noticed goodness?

When our kids were young we loved packing a picnic lunch and driving up to a mountain stream where we could picnic and play in the water.








No comments

Post a Comment